Little Rock, Ark. — Nov. 15, 2011 — More than 1,100 entries were submitted in the Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas and Arkansas Living magazine photo contest for electric cooperative members. Thirteen winners were selected and their photos will be featured in the 2012 Arkansas Living calendar.
“Cooperative members from throughout Arkansas provided some great images for the 2012 calendar,” said Doug White, vice president of systems services for the Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas. “The images capture a few of many of the wonderful sites and people in our state. Thank you to everyone that shared your photos.”
- Stacy Bania of Bella Vista, Carroll Electric member;
- Fern Barentine of Kirby, South Central Arkansas Electric member;
- Charles Baugh of Cabot, First Electric member;
- Karen Blaylock of Blytheville, Mississippi County Electric member;
- Jacky Johnson of Newport, Farmers Electric member;
- Barbara Kimbrough of Stamps, Southwest Arkansas Electric member;
- Leo Kwiatkowski of Oakland, North Arkansas Electric member;
- Dana Manley of Lafe, Craighead Electric member;
- David Mitchell of North Little Rock, Petit Jean Electric member;
- Randy Parker of Maynard, Clay County Electric member;
- Dennis Russell of Huntington, Arkansas Valley Electric member;
- Marilyn Wagner of Camden, Ouachita Electric member; and
- Sandy Yates of Fayetteville, Ozarks Electric member.
Each of the 12 cooperative members will receive a $100 Visa gift card.
The Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas comprise 17 electric distribution cooperatives; Arkansas Electric Cooperatives Inc. (AECI), a Little Rock-based cooperative that provides various services to the distribution cooperatives; and Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corp. (AECC), a generation and transmission cooperative. The distribution cooperatives provide electricity to more than 500,000 members, or customers, in Arkansas and surrounding states.
For additional information, contact:
Rob Roedel, Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas, 501.570.2296 or firstname.lastname@example.org