Employee wellness is important because much of an employee’s time is spent at the workplace. A healthy workforce is a more productive workforce. By practicing a few simple rules at work and at home, you can help prevent the flu from spreading.
Flu shots will be offered free of charge to employees at the Little Rock campus on Thursday Oct. 4 and Friday Oct. 5. Fitzhugh, McClellan, Magnet Cove and Bailey have flu shots scheduled over the next couple of weeks.
Here are some preventive health tips:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Limit contact with others who are ill – Germs pass easily when you spend time in close quarters.
- Avoid close contact with colleagues, friend, or family members if you have the flu or a cold.
- Wash your hands.
- Clean (and disinfect) your workspace and home.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Feed your body a balanced diet.
- Take time to relax each day.
- Continue to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Drink plenty of water.