Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) offer many programs to enhance safety of local electric cooperatives. Services are not limited to those on list.
- Monitor and coordinate the Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas mutual assistance program 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
- Immediate Accident investigation with documentation if asked for by a member system.
- Update and maintain a library of curriculum materials, equipment and informational supplies to enhance the AECC/AECI programs.
- Provide intensive support throughout the NRECA safety achievement process, including the required safety improvement plan.
- Administer the NLC Lineman Training Program and serve as the liaison to the U.S. Department of Labor for those member systems that want their Certification of Apprenticeship.
- Provide electrical testing for protective grounding equipment and vehicle grounds.
- Provide electrical testing for “live line tools”.
- Offer formal certification for operators for digger derrick and bucket trucks.
- Conduct safety audits of all facilities.
- Conduct audits of all in-house safety programs.
- CPR and first aid training.